LOADING DOCS: THE POWER OF EMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be New Zealand residents and residing in New Zealand during the 2022 Loading Docs schedule.
- There is no entry fee to apply.
- Applications from current students will not be considered unless expressly invited by the organisers.
- Applicants must submit all of the requested materials at time of entry for their projects to be considered.
- Director, producer and editor must all be based in New Zealand during the Loading Docs 2022 timeline.
- Successful applicants must agree to enter into a license agreement with Notable Pictures Ltd. If a project declines to sign the license agreement Loading Docs will select an alternative project to take their place.
- The license shall provide Loading Docs with the exclusive right to distribute and promote each film worldwide for four years, however copyright in the material shall remain with the filmmaker.
- The documentaries are housed on Loading Docs platforms but are free to embed and share via YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook and are expected to achieve widespread domestic and international broadcast across online platforms, broadcast television and the big screen.
- As all films will be made freely available, financial recoupment is not the focus of the initiative, however provision for filmmakers to share in recoupment directly attributed to their documentary will be included in the license.
- Successful applicants must attend a two-day creative workshop in 12, 13 March 2022, take part in a crowdfunding campaign April/May 2022, and attend one-day edit and distribution workshops. Failure to be able to do so may result in your project being withdrawn. Basic travel assistance to cover flights may be offered to those projects with filmmakers living outside Tāmaki Makaurau, the location of the workshops. Filmmakers residing out of Tāmaki Makaurau will need to budget for flights to attend the one-day colour grade and sound mix at Department of Post.
- Filmmakers will need to operate at least one social media account to promote their documentary.
- Any submitted information and material, along with personal contact details of the applicant, will not be published or passed on to third parties that are not affiliated with Loading Docs.
- All applications and any other related information and material submitted will be held by Loading Docs for such period of time as Loading Docs, acting reasonably, believes is necessary and Loading Docs is not required to return or destroy any such information and material.
- Entry and participation of projects implies unconditional acceptance of these Terms & Conditions and the other matters outlined in this call for proposals.
- The selection committee decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome including the delivery of feedback.
- The organisers reserve the right to change any part of these Terms & Conditions and the other matters outlined in this call for proposals at any time and without notification and continued participation in the Loading Docs initiative thereafter will be deemed acceptance of such changes.
Deadline for Loading Docs submissions is midday, Friday 11 February 2022.
See more at: loadingdocs.net/submit
Any questions email: [email protected]