TERMS & CONDITIONS – LOADING DOCS 2018
- All applicants must be New Zealand residents.
- There is no entry fee to apply.
- Applications from current students will not be considered unless expressly invited by the organisers.
- Applicants must submit all of the requested materials at time of entry for their projects to be considered.
- Successful applicants must agree to enter into a license agreement with Notable Pictures Ltd. If a project declines to sign the license agreement LOADING DOCS will select an alternative project to take their place.
- The license shall provide LOADING DOCS with the exclusive right to distribute each film worldwide for 3 years, however copyright in the material shall remain with the filmmaker.
- As all films will be made freely available, financial recoupment is not the focus of the initiative, however provision for filmmakers to share in recoupment directly attributed to their documentary will be included in the license.
- Successful applicants must attend a two-day workshop in April (and in September) 2018 and also take part in a crowd funding campaign May-June 2018. Failure to be able to do so may result in your project being withdrawn. Basic travel assistance and accommodation may be offered to those projects with filmmakers living outside the location of the workshops.
- Filmmakers will need to operate at least one social media account to promote their documentary.
- Personal contact details of the applicant along with any submitted information and material will not be published or passed on to third parties that are not affiliated with LOADING DOCS. LOADING DOCS may publish such information and material as reasonable in respect of the successful filmmakers, including as part of any marketing or promotional activities related to LOADING DOCS now or in the future. By submitting an application and any such information and material you are deemed to be granting LOADING DOCS a license for such purpose and warrant that the use of such information and material by LOADING DOCS as provided for in these TERMS & CONDITIONS will not breach the rights of any third party.
- All applications and any other related information and material submitted will be held by LOADING DOCS for such period of time as LOADING DOCS acting reasonably believes is necessary and LOADING DOCS is not required to return or destroy any such information and material.
- Entry and participation of projects implies unconditional acceptance of these TERMS & CONDITIONS and the other matters outlined in this call for proposals.
- The selection committee decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome including the delivery of feedback.
- The organisers reserve the right to change any part of these TERMS & CONDITIONS and the other matters outlined in this call for proposals at any time and without notification and continued participation in the LOADING DOCS initiative thereafter will be deemed acceptance of such changes.
Deadline for LOADING DOCS submissions is Tuesday 3rd April 2018 at 9am.
See more at: http://loadingdocs.net/submit